MANAGED SERVICES FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
An industry leader, our client provides internet solutions, B2B services, training materials and CRM tools for automotive dealers and the retail market. The company currently has 8,500 Web sites for its clients holding more than 9,300 new vehicle franchises. They are the provider of website solutions for US networks of Acura, Audi, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Saab, Subaru, Toyota, and Volkswagen dealerships. As sales increased, our client faced challenges in managing the large number of orders, contracts and invoices generated at month end.
- Significant reduction in time and project costs due to automated test cases
- Flexibility in managing different types and volume of sales orders
- Cost reduction and improved return on IT investment
- Improved efficiencies with sales order creation reducing potential errors and improving response time to customers due to automated Oracle workflows
- Improved business processes through reduction of documentation per group of dealers (i.e. reduced to one contract per OEM or dealer)
FIXED PRICE ORACLE EBS UPGRADE–GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION FOR THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
A subsidiary of a Japanese company, OSI’s client is a global operator who services most of the major cities in North America with third party logistics and supply chain management. Due to the nature of its business model, reliability of information technology was of paramount importance. Systems had to be geared to support manufacturing and distribution of existing products while providing seamless integration across all the business functions. Initially the client had partnered with two Oracle service providers to upgrade E-Business suite, yet both projects ended with a failed investment. Towards the end of 2010, OSI was hired and completed the Oracle EBS upgrade on time and within budget.
- Successful implementation of Oracle EBS upgrade for U.S. and customized Canada specific interfaces
- Improved return on IT investment
- Ability to implement new Oracle E-Business modules in a very short period of time
- 24/7 production support monitoring and fixing of issues for IT infrastructure and applications
ERP PLATFORM MIGRATION FOR MANUFACTURER OF HEAVY-DUTY HEATING & AIR
An employee owned company that manufactures heavy-duty heating and air conditioning products for the heavy vehicle industry utilized Oracle E-Business applications to support operations and integrate business functions. The challenge was that their Oracle EBS was implemented on the Microsoft Windows 2000 platform, which was barely able to support their user base for order management and financial modules. OSI decided that migration was needed from Microsoft Windows 2000 to the Red Hat Linux platform to improve performance and functionality of EBS.
- Reduced project cost and time using our unique multi-shore delivery process
- Improved scalability of ERP platform catering to future business growth.
- Domain expertise combined with technical consulting allowed for fast delivery time
- Effective planning and conversion resulted in 100% system stability without a single instance of system crash or failure
GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN AND ORACLE R12 UPGRADE FOR INTERNATIONAL OILFIELD SERVICES COMPANY
OSI’s client is focused on providing contract drilling services to multinational oil and gas exploration and production companies. With a fleet of 68 rigs and global expansion, the client required alignment between their business processes and core applications to close the gaps in their Oracle EBS implementation. OSI’s Value Engineering team identified areas for improvement including Supply Chain Management related to purchasing and inventory management. By identifying concerns and clearly defining the Key Performance Indicators, OSI was able to re-engineer the EBS implementation.
- Leveraged new technology to reduce overhead, maximize corporate buying power, streamline business processes, and reduce number of servers
- Implemented new infrastructure with better performance, capacity utilization and reliability
- Created successful and efficient global, company-wide standards for Supply Chain Management