PLATFORM MIGRATION FOR LEADING MANUFACTURER OF BIOMEDICAL TESTING INSTRUMENTS
With global operations and rapid growth over the past decade, our client needed an update in their IT infrastructure. A significant number of applications like E-Business ERP were implemented with dedicated infrastructure, which resulted in a large foot print of HPUX database servers (superdomes). This resulted in a very high cost of ownership for support, operations, datacenter and licenses. Yearly costs for the servers were also rising at a very rapid pace.
- Enhanced productivity and efficiency of servers
- Significantly reduced annual maintenance costs
- Enhanced scalability and flexibility of infrastructure to deploy new applications
- Consistent work on continuous process improvements (CPI’s)
ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE PLATFORM UPGRADE AND MIGRATION FOR LEADING MANUFACTURER OF BIOMEDICAL TESTING EQUIPMENT
A returning customer, this biomedical company had annual sales in excess of $2.7 billion in 2007.
Witnessing fast growth, the company recognized that their existing information technology systems were not geared to support their rapid business growth. Most of their systems were home grown and disconnected from the larger business processes. Management was unable to see an organization wide view across operations. The client spent a considerable amount of time consolidating and reconciling data.
- Cost reduction and improved return on IT investment
- 24/7 monitoring, support and resolution of issues for global locations
- Ability to work with OSI on CPIs (Continuous process improvements)
- Deployed applications at new subsidiaries using knowledge gained at prior sites
- Able to maintain databases and applications during US off business hours for patching and upgrades
ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE (EBS) FOR BIOTECH COMPANY
Our client is a biotech company that focuses on targeting cancer and changing lives through the development of novel therapeutics that can significantly improve cancer treatment options for patients. Their IT systems required the capacity to support new drug R&D as well as manufacturing and distribution of products. They also needed systems and applications that provided seamless integration across all business functions and had to be available 24/7 with a very low tolerance for downtime.
- Cost reduction for project and ongoing IT support
- Improved return on IT investment
- Ability to implement new Oracle E-Business modules in a very short period of time
- 24/7 production support monitoring and fixing of issues for IT infrastructure and applications