ORACLE PEOPLESOFT MIGRATION FOR AIRCRAFT LEASING & MANAGEMENT COMPANY
Previously part of an international conglomerate, our client split off into their US operations in 2010. This client had previously used PeopleSoft and other IT solutions that were hosted on the conglomerate’s infrastructure. When the company split, they needed to migrate IT tools from the group infrastructure to their own servers in a very short period of time. The business could not tolerate more than a few days of down time including functionality and integration testing. In addition, previous IT support was provided by the parent company so the client did not have internal IT resources.
- Quick migration of their servers, databases and applications
- Migration was done in phases with minimal business impact over a weekend
- Seamless transition from parent company to new service supported by OSI
- Instant build out of IT team to support infrastructure and the PeopleSoft application once migration was completed
- Improved flexibility and efficiency of new infrastructure
INFRASTRUCTURE & TECHNOLOGY UPGRADE FOR MARKETING SUBSIDIARY
A sales, marketing, and distribution subsidiary devoted to the U.S. market and employing over 6,500 people had rapidly expanded its technology along with company growth. But with significant numbers of applications implemented with dedicated infrastructure, the result was a large footprint of UNIX servers with inefficient capacity and a high cost of ownership for support, operations, data center and licenses. In addition most of the servers had reached their end of life cycle.
- Reduced the total cost of ownership
- Leveraged new technology to reduce the number of servers
- Improved performance, capacity utilization and reliability of servers